Social Icons

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wanna take a ride? Get In... The "Pluto" Review


Now everyone who knows me knows I love the Astronaut Kid.  He had me when "Watch This" started playing in the clubs.  His catchy beats, the syrup-covered hooks, and his hype had me sold.

Then I heard Pluto when it dropped last week, and now it's just...idk.

I've been riding with dude.  But we all know how it is when someone gets signed.  Things just change, they have a standard they have to live up to now to get paid.  I mean, the only big hits he has on the album have already been released on older mixtapes.

I like this man- that's why I'm upset.  Now I'm not putting the album down- "Parachute," "Homicide," "Long Live The Pimp" (dedicated to the late, great Pimp C) & "I'm Trippin'" are pretty straight.  The features did their thing, shoutout to Snoop, Juicy J, Trae the Truth and R. Kelly. "Samn Damn Time," "Magic" and "Tony Montana" went in- last year.  Yeah he may have got Drake and T.I. on the tracks, but those features are just as old.  All the singing he got going on on "Pluto" needs to cease- immediately.  This man got famous for putting out hype sh*t- that's what we want when we spend $10+ on this album!

All in all, this could have been a wayyy better album, but I'm not gonna stop messing with Future, because I know what this man is capable of.  He just needs to come back down to Earth for a little while and give us what he's good for, because for the most part, this isn't it.  I'm out.


Future- Homicide feat. Snoop Dogg

No comments:

Post a Comment